Abortion ends a pregnancy by destroying and removing the developing child either in utero or while the child is being born (Partial Birth Abortion). Abortion is an act of violence that kills an unborn child and hurts the mother who has one.
Since 1973, when the United States Supreme Court Roe v. Wade decision legalized abortion for all nine months of a woman’spregnancy for any reason, at least 40 million unborn children have been killed legally by the violence of abortion. This violence currently occurs 1.3 million times a year (3,300 times a day) in America.
The victims of abortion are not only the pre-born children who die but also their mothers who are subjected to serious physical, emotional, and psychological complications. Fathers and other loved ones may also be at risk for post-abortion complications.
Abortion-on-demand is also corrupting the culture at-large by advancing the false idea that human beings can solve their problems or escape their pain through violence, killing, and abandonment.
- The negative affects of abortion on men is becoming more apparent.
- See also information regarding Ohio laws on abortion.
- For statistics, see current U.S. abortion statisticscompiled by National Right to Life; and State Health Facts Online maps and tables published by the Kaiser Family Foundation1.
- Abortion photos are available from the Priests for Life web site.
- For information about abortion as one cause of breast cancer see Breast Cancer Prevention Institute and Abortion Breast Cancer Link.
- A virtual 4D ultrasound scan is available from theGE Medical Systems web site.
- For specific abortion statistics, click here.